Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Work Box Examples

I stopped telling you what was in the boxes each day so I'll give you a bit of an overview of what we're doing and how I'm organized.

I have several bookshelves of school books but in our daily school area I have a shelf of all the books we are currently using. I also have a box filled with workbox fillers - scissors, glue, markers, pens, pencils, and erasers.
Also a plastic bag for each kid of sign language and reading words they have mastered. I fill Tackler's boxes from the main box of cards, and fill Prince's boxes from Tackler's mastered cards. Eventually all the cards will be in Prince's mastered bag.
In this box I also keep other small materials I might want to fill their boxes - little projects or games I create. Next to this box are larger papers we want to work on (mostly lapbooks).

As an example, here are today and tomorrow's boxes. For more detail, visit this post.

Prince today:
Science (I borrowed My Big Backyard from the library. Last week we read the magazine and this week (after waiting 6 days for appropriate weather - ie the SUN - we did the experiment suggested in it)
Journal
Reading
Math
Story of the World journal
Sign Language

Tackler today:
Science (see above)
Reading
SOTW journal
Math
Sign language
Hand sewing project

Prince Tomorrow:
Story of the World
Science
Sign Language
Reading
Rush Hour Railroad
Math

Tackler Tomorrow:
Clock (telling time)
Science
SOTW
Reading
Journal
Sign Language

No comments: