Thursday, November 20, 2008

Biological Taxonomy

I thought taxonomy was a simple straight forward matter so I thought I could teach it early (aka kindergarten - hey, why not?). Guess what? I am totally confused. I will use this post to try to straighten it all out and hopefully boil it back to simplicity. It doesn't help that everyone has their own theory and no one agrees.

Life
Domain/Empire ( Archaea, Bacteria and Eukarya)
Kingdom
Phylum/Division
Class
Order
Family
Genus
Species

Kingdom
Animalia
Plantae
Fungi
Protista
Monera

2 comments:

Becky said...

It took me a couple days...but I finally tracked down this title that I used with David when he learned this stuff. He sorted Beanie Babies after reading it. :)

It is, of course, oop.

It's called: Benny's Animals & How He Put Them in Order by Milicent E. Selsam

Carrie and Spencer said...

Let me know how this is going for you. I STILL get confused and I've been taught it numerous times since junior high!